Pages

LIFE IS A JOURNEY, ARE YOU READY?

7 GOOD REASONS TO VOTE FOR FIDGETY FINGERS ;-P


You can click on the above to vote for FF. We have attached our email interview to give you more reasons why you should vote for us.

1.       Tell us about yourself in 50 words.

Being at the crossroads of the world here in Singapore, most people lead their lives not aware of the wonder of little things around. In the rush for globalization and mass consumption, I like to show people the joy of sustainability, creativity and not only in the love of oneself.

2.       How long have you been blogging and why did you start blogging?

I started blogging 2.5 years ago. I didn't want to spend any more time aimlessly hanging out with acquaintances nor channel surf and watch mindless programs. In short, I didn't want to waste my time. Time is precious and every minute we live, we should learn about useful things to expand our abilities for the now and the future. My blog is a result of that. I want to share ideas and teach people about little things in life, how one can make a difference by focusing on such details. I want to teach people how to make things from scratch through my researches and interest in these topics, to rethink about their environment and lifestyles. My blog is also an archive of thoughts and ideas for myself.

3.       How do you feel as one of the finalists in the Singapore Blog Awards? What do you think is your chance of winning?
I see it as an exciting challenge and opportunity to stimulate the audience as to what a lifestyle blog is or should be. In my opinion it should not be a diary-type of blog about my life. I am surprised that The Fidgety FIngers is shortlisted, since all the other finalists seem to center their blog more about their lives than actually on life-style in the broader sense of the word. I seek to be informative and I choose the alternative route. I hope the voters and judges can see that I actually aim to inspire people to think differently about things they take for granted and to break the generic mold for the 'lifestyle blog' of the year in this way.

4.       Who do you think are the strongest bloggers in the category you are nominated for and why?
If this category is about writing about lifestyle in a diary style, and sharing personal experiences without presenting it as constructive alternative to how to lead your life, than all other contenders could be a more attractive candidate for the end prize. However, I think that it would be a shame if as in previous years that type of blog will win again. I am very certain that most people that surf the web for lifestyle tips and advice don't want to read about too much of one's personal life, rather one wants to be inspired by a modest voice.  So in this sense, as a someone showing the alternative way I like to challenge the audience as the strongest contender.

5.       What would you like to say to your blog readers and those who voted and supported you?

Thank you. I hope you have learned a thing or two that is useful from Fidgety Fingers.

6.       What is your most controversial blog post and why?
I shall take this as a trick question as there is nothing controversial about learning lifestyle tips.

7.       Have you ever gotten into trouble or got rewarded for blogging? Elaborate.

Not at all. I have never entered Fidgety Fingers into any sort of award. This is the first time I have tried and am shortlisted. I thought I would try to see if Fidgety Fingers would make it into the Lifestyle category although it does not seem to adhere to the personal diary format the rest are using.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...