Pages

LIFE IS A JOURNEY, ARE YOU READY?

HOW TO DECLUTTER YOUR WARDROBE AND DONATE IN SINGAPORE

I finally found a charity to donate my clothes to. It has been a difficult journey trying to declutter and reduce. I have a lot of hand-me-downs which to be honest, I have never found any occasions to wear. My perspective of the lifestyle I want to live has also changed, so a lot of things do not suit me anymore. I have tried selling some more expensive items online on Carousell and Ebay but to no avail for a long time. I posted some questions on a Frugal Minimalist group and received some good answers which I shall post here together with some methods I am adopting.

DECIDING WHICH TO DONATE

  • You have not worn it for years.
    Unless they are expensive, special-occasions-type outfits. Of course you'd still need fancy stuff which you do not wear everyday to special functions. If you have not worn them for years and years, you have perhaps grown out of love with them. One thing to consider is if you would want to wear them tomorrow.
  • They do not fit you.
    Get rid of them if the fit is just not right. If they are too small, they have to go. If they are too big, would you alter them then? I have some pieces which simply do not fit my body type well, they are going.
  • They are not trendy anymore.
    It happens to all of us. We hoard. They are somehow those bellbottoms which you will probably not wear, even if they would come back in fashion 10 years later.
  • Uncomfortable clothes and awkward clothes.
    'Nuff said.
  • It was an impulse buy.
    You probably thought you would look like a supermodel on the runaway. Unfortunately you look like a sore thumb instead. We all have those weird clownish pieces.
  • Too much of the same thing.
    You don't need that many really. Have more clear space to clear your mind.
These clothes are going to:
Singapore Council of Women’s Organisations
SCWO Centre
96 Waterloo Street
Singapore 187967
E-mail scwo@scwo.org.sg
Phone 6837 0611


DECIDING WHICH TO RECYCLE

  • The fibers and shapes have gave way.
    The pieces that are over-washed, over-worn, out-of shape.
  • Unrepairable.
    That broken zipper or tear that you do not see any reason to repair because you don't feel for the pieces or they are too old.
These clothes are going to:
H&M In-store Recycling Booths

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...