Pages

LIFE IS A JOURNEY, ARE YOU READY?

MAGAZINE COASTERS UNITED

We realised that our magazine coasters DIY has been very popular. We found some magazine coasters made by our readers online. Please post your coasters on the blog.

Here is one from our readers, thanks!:

About a week ago I found a fun website called Fidgety Fingers. (How can you not like a website with a name like that?)

Browsing through, I came across a great idea to recycle the stacks of Parents magazines I have scattered throughout the house. After a bit of trial and error - their directions were not quite as step-by-step as I like - I was able to fashion a couple coasters. It was truly a fidgety fingers task. It took an hour and a half to make a single coaster. That's a bit long for Instant Gratification Girl, but they look really cool, used up about ten pages of the magazine each and were not difficult. Plus they killed time while I was watching

If I get a chance, I may post my own pictorial tutorial. In the meantime, follow the directions they provide if you want to play with this idea. One tip: I found using binder clips to hold everything together made it much easier to keep the weave tight.

I think I'm going to try their idea for napkin rings for our Easter dinner. If I start now, I might be able to make enough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...